Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Supporters’ words may haunt Trump at impeachment trial

WASHINGTON ✈ — The words of Donald Trump supporters who are accused of participating in the deadly U.S. Capitol riot may end up being used against him in his Senate impeachment trial as he faces the of inciting a violent insurrection.

At least five supporters facing federal charges have suggested they were taking orders from the then-president when they marched on Capitol Hill on Jan. 6 to challenge the certification of Joe Biden’s election win. But now those comments, captured in interviews with reporters and federal agents, are likely to take center stage as Democrats lay out their case. It’s the first time a former president will face such charges after leaving office.

“I feel like I was basically following my president. I was following what we were called to do. He asked us to fly there. He asked us to be there,” Jenna Ryan, a Texas real estate agent who posted a photo on Twitter of herself flashing a peace sign next to a broken Capitol window, told a Dallas-Fort Worth TV station.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm hoping their words get used against trump. But what do we do with these amazingly foolish people who have the right to vote?
In celebration NPR reads the Declaration of Independence on July 4. The first year trump was in office trump supporters having NO FUCKing clue thought NPR was inciting an overthrow of trump.
I admit I have not read all of the Constitution, most of it. But I can look it up and frequently do when the right makes a claim about something in the Constitution. The info is quite literally at my finger tips.
Sigh.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.