Agnostic.com

7 28

Today's hike: a charming discovery in snowy woods.

Today Karen and I hiked 4.6 miles with about 800 feet of elevation gain. We used micro-spikes with a skiff of new snow over thick ice. We didn't slip or fall. It was a cold day.

Karen spotted it. Looks like a family decorated an evergreen tree for Christmas. There were bright balls, two reindeer ornaments and a child's little truck under the tree. Charming.

Karen's dog Bonnie wasn't feeling well: achy, shivering, tired and yelped when touched. Karen zipped Bonnie in her own down jacket and covered her with two blankets. Left Bonnie sleeping in the car while we hiked. Worried about Bonnie, we cut our hike short.

The sun broke out as we descended to the car. A beautiful day.

"Please keep me posted on how Bonnie is doing," I told Karen as we parted. We thought Bonnie might have COVID-19. Animals are getting it. Dogs touch noses when greeting.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let us know how Bonnie does, too.

The decorated tree strikes me as sad in some ways. Not sure why

Beautiful shots

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 25, 2021

Beautiful shots? How Bonnie?

CS60 Level 7 Jan 25, 2021

@CS60

Thank you.

Good question. I asked Karen to keep me posted.

Bonnie might have COVID-19. Animals are getting it. Dogs touch noses when greeting.

Beautiful shots

So lovely.

Some beauty scenery ,,nice gesture tree decorating ,Happy another enjoyable journey

@RoyMillar

Seems to be a family Christmas tradition.

In 2017, we found a decorated tree in Squilchuck State Park where were hiked today.

but how's Bonnie now?

@hankster

Good question. I asked Karen to keep me posted.

Bonnie might have COVID-19. Animals are getting it. Dogs touch noses when greeting.

@LiterateHiker hope not. let us know how she does please.

@LiterateHiker My friends wife is a virologist and she said that yes dogs can get, it but, do not transmit to humans. Although minks can transmit it to humans.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571940
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.