Agnostic.com

2 0

SCHUMER IS NOT PUSHING FOR SENATE TRIAL HARD

Chuck Schumer said today that the Senate will proceed with the Covid-9 relief bill "with or without" GOP support.

Have you noticed he is not pushing too hard or kissing GOP ass on Trump's Senate trial?

My observation is he knows that some in GOP are eager to throw him out of the party before he destroys from within. When thrown out, he will not be able to do as much damage as a third party alternative because he and his candidates will not get the GOP platform to defeat GOP candidates in the primaries.

What do you think?

St-Sinner 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump's Senate trial - Almost any GOP Senator who votes to convict Trump will lose the next Republican primary, so Trump Impeachment 2.0 is just for show.

Some in GOP are eager to throw him out of the party - Probably true, but if Trump left, he would take half the Republican voters with him so the next election would be 50% Dems, 25% Republicans, and 25% Trump party. The Republicans are stuck with him.

BD66 Level 8 Jan 26, 2021

I don't think it'll matter, honestly. Anywhere they don't run his candidate he'll primary and run 3rd party, convicted or not.

But if not convicted, Trump's candidate can claim the GOP platform and defeat their establishment candidate. McConnell's agenda, seat and career depend on it. McConnell certainly does not want him to run in 2024.

@St-Sinner What do you suppose is the appreciable connection between a particular candidate and Trump that prevents them from doing anything if Trump was convicted?

@JeffMurray

Candidates know that the road with Trump will not end well.

@St-Sinner Some do. I'm still confused about how the conviction changes anything though. That was part of the point you were making, yes?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.