Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Letters From An American 01/27/21

The contours of politics today look much like they did yesterday. President Biden is forging ahead through executive actions—today pausing oil and gas leases while switching the government to electric vehicles— while the two factions in the Republican Party claw for supremacy.

Dead center of both of these political fights is the future of this country. Will Trump and his supporters seize control of the government—by means legal or illegal—or will the country steer itself back to the norms and values of democracy?

The dangers of Trumpism are becoming clearer each day. Today, for the first time, the Department of Homeland Security issued a national terrorism bulletin that warned of violence from domestic extremists angry over “perceived grievances fueled by false narratives” and emboldened by

HippieChick58 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Today I had an opportunity to share this with my one republican friend on FB. She had shared that proposal Biden put out during his campaign about chanfing the tax base on the value of inherited property - I can't remember what's called. Perfect opportunity to explain Biden can propose all he wants but only Congress can change the Tax Code. There are much more important things 90% of Americans need to be concerned about such as what this Republican historian is talking about in her Letters From An American. Now will she and the people who see it on her FB page read it? Who knows. But it's out there on a right leaning FB page.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.