Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK Athletes have healthier brains that can actually hear better, study says

Neurobiologist Nina Kraus can. At her lab at Northwestern University called “Brainvolts,” she and her colleagues can attach a series of electrodes to your scalp and record the electricity your brain produces in response to a sound.

“I can then take that electricity and play it out through a speaker and we can listen to your brain to see how well it does that job,” Kraus said. “By doing that we can gain insight to the health of your brain and nervous system.”

snytiger6 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since my teens, I have worn earplugs at concerts and on airplanes, especially during the walk between the plane and building.

"I lost over 60% of my hearing by walking on the tarmac from the airplane to the airport," an Alaska Airlines pilot said. He confirmed that I was correct.

As a musician, it was common sense. I plug my ears around loud noises: motorcycles, fighter jets, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc.

"Your hearing is extraordinary in all ranges," an audiologist doctor said, amazed, after my hearing test five years ago. I'm 67.

I'm not an athlete, but I do get regular moderate exercise. I've got very good hearing, so much so that I hear way more noises than I care to hear. If someone connected electrodes to my head, the read out would probably show annoyance to most unnecessary man-made sounds!

Fit is the new sexy.

It certainly is such a beautiful radiant smile also

@RoyMillar

That's my mischievous smile. Thank you!

@LiterateHiker one has to love it 🙂

I can vouch for that comment....see my pic!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.