Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Renewable energy surpassed fossil fuels for European electricity in 2020 - CNN

(The U.S. is so far behind...)

New York (CNN Business)Europeans got more of their electricity from renewable sources than fossil fuels for the first time last year, according to an annual report from Ember and Agora Energiewende.

The report, which has been tracking EU's power sector since 2015, found that renewables delivered 38% of electricity last year, compared to 37% delivered by fossil fuels.

The shift comes as other sources, such as wind and solar power, have risen in the European Union. Both sources have nearly doubled since 2015, and as of last year accounted for one-fifth of electricity generation in EU countries, the report found. It's also the reason why coal power declined 20% last year, making up only 13% of electricity generated in Europe.

snytiger6 9 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lost our moral edge, now our technological one......

Nuclear is the way to go. Nobody wants to hear that.

....especially the oil and gas lobby's

There is still the problem of nuclear waste which remains dangerous for over 100,000 years. As I once had leukemia, a type associated with radiation exposure, and the only radiation exposure I had was x-rays and airport scanners, which are supposed to be "safe", I am greatly opposed to crating more radioactive substances for purposes of nuclear energy and weapons.

Accidents will happen sooner or later, and they have happened several times. Nuclear just isn't as safe as they claim it is.

It is past time for the US to do it, too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.