Agnostic.com

2 2

Pause for thought?

Watch it happening - Orwell's predictions:

FrayedBear 9 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The quotes in this video and a dozen more which could have been included are true example of extrapolations made by Orwell of what a future could likely be like.
This video however makes very poor use of modern examples to illustrate the point.
Orwell did predict among other things,
the likelihood of a surveillance state,
of the rise of propaganda disguised as news,
the censorship and redefining and subsequent outlawing of words,
the brainwashing of children
and worst of all of revisionist history.

Those are simple axiomatic facts.

Well, what are your thoughts? I myself find this clip to be pure garbage.

What parts do you think is pure garbage? Much of the book of 1984, has come true.

@Castlepaloma don't worry. She's an INFP.

@Castlepaloma And probably never read 1984.

@FrayedBear

Do INFP make good slaves?

@Castlepaloma I don't know. I've never looked into Briggs Myer. It sounds like horoscopes - a load of woo.

@Apunzelle I agree . The news clips are the product of word evolution. If a word is useful it will retain. If not it will die out naturally and usually it is very resilient to complete destruction. I do not think that Orwell did us any favours EXCEPT the power of his imagination. He has certainly frightened people into thinking harder. Human [reality of] nature will determine what happens in reality.

A bunch of cherry picked videos put together by someone who was gaslit by their Fox telescreen.

I say send them to Room 101 and confront them with their deepest fear - Hillary's emails.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572899
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.