Agnostic.com

4 12

LINK Ricky Gervais to Stephen Colbert: “You Don’t Believe in 2,999 Gods. I Don’t Believe in Just 1 More” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

If devout Catholic Stephen Colbert invites atheist Ricky Gervais on his show, you can bet religion’s going to come up in their conversation. Last night, they didn’t even wait for the topic to arise organically. They went right at it, debating the First Cause, the definition of atheism, and why Gervais doesn’t just “have faith” in science.

snytiger6 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you ever need a laugh, just watch Ricky do bible stories - especially Noah.

so "let's anthropomorphize gods just like the belivers do so we can go off on this irrelevant tangent?" ok sny, but ppl still pretty obv worship stuff, money or whatever, right? So really imo it's a way to avoid the real convo

Ricky has no problem setting things straight!

Excellent! I love the "test" analogy. If you destroyed all the religious books and come back in a 1000 yrs they wouldn't come back the same... but if you destroyed all the science books and came back in a 1000 yrs the science would still be the same. Superb!

Leelu Level 7 Feb 2, 2021

well, sounds good, but we already know that flood mythologies abound in cultures that were then separated, and the similarity in other mythologies is nothing short of striking, at least at times? So i dunno

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.