Agnostic.com

1 5

Translation of Latin to English of the word 'religio'
In Latin the word religio simply means to serve, to be bonded, to be enslaved, to be owned.
Hence and even by adding the letter 'n' to it then it still means precisely the same the same thing, i.e. by being 'religious/following a Religion then you are logically, a bonded slave, servant/owned by that which you serve.

Triphid 9 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say your definition is a bit embellished based on my read of the word

[en.wikipedia.org]

To re-chose, or to go over again. This is my take on it.

Yes that WAS the concept/context in which the Orator Cicero used it but later it earlier in the Roman Republic it was the context used by Marius in regards to the formation of the Roman Legions, Sulla in his bid to become Dictator of the Republic, later it was adapted and adopted by both Saturnine Priests and The Auguries of the Temple of Jupiter who gave it the context/meaning I expressed UNTIL Christianity twisted and contorted it to suit their needs.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574747
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.