Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK You’ll Want to Watch This Documentary About Ark Encounter, Now Online for Free | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Update: It’s a bootleg (not a legit copy as the name of the uploader implied, and I suspect it’ll be taken down soon. The original version of the film can still be seen via PBS’ website. (follow link to see video)

snytiger6 9 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not really, I have seen quite a few, and I get the feeling the the Ark Encounter, earns more money for atheists going to mock, than it does from believers. Would not want to encourage that. Good that it is a bootleg copy though.

They have to be kidding?
ALL the Fossils were made by the Flood but are found in vastly different layers at vastly different depths in the soil and rocks.
Anyone with even half an operative brain knows that when flooding occurs the deposits of soil and debris ALL end up at almost EXACTLY the same level in the ground AFTER the Flooding has gone.
According to the ORIGINAL version of Genesis in both the Torah band the bible, " It rained for 40 days and 40 nights unabated until at last the clouds disappeared, then the Ark drifted for a further 6 or more MOONS BEFORE it become stranded upon a mountain top."
Now, a Lunar cycle is approx. every 28 days, hence it would been a minimum of 168 days that the Ark drifted aimlessly PLUS the 1 Lunar cycle and 12 days that the clouds covered the earth completely.
Now, for a skeleton to be turned into a FOSSIL, i.e. turned into STONE and Minerals, it can and does take anywhere between 49,000 years and a few MILLION years at the VERY least dependent upon the soil types, the minerals present, the preservation of the skeletal remains, etc, etc.
These things CANNOT happen in the short space of the 6,000+ years that Creationists and the Holey Babble so claim the planet to have existed for.

Separation between church and state ... EXCEPT in this case. Local government funding for building the Ark Park. Explicit religious belief test for all workers hired by the park (non-believers need not apply for jobs). Sales tax goes not to the state but to Answers in Genesis. Thanks in part to a Fundamentalist governor elected in Kentucky.

The pseudoscience and delusion are mind-boggling. The violation of the First Amendment is outrageous.

One encouraging note in the film - this former Creationist David MacMIllan brought himself out of the delusion when he was reading about a 260,000 light-year gas cloud left by a galaxy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575066
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.