Agnostic.com

6 12

This makes some sense , live and let live but they won't do that

bobwjr 10 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've always said this. I don't care what form of nonsense people choose to worship at home privately. But that's not what religion is. It's the organisations of religions and what they do.

Like back about 30 years ago?!?

BINGO!

Yet most don't do much or anything to stop it other than venting anger. It is time that we infiltrate every part of the society including work life, personal life and politics. Otherwise not much change will come.

Unless atheists win power, none of our side efforts, complains and whining is going to work. Christianity and Islam spread because they made emperors, kings adopt their faith. Hinduism did not break out beyond their land in spite of being the oldest but Buddhism spread only because of patronage of kings.

It is time that FFRF and all other anti-religion organization begin getting powerfully funded and they start making their voice known in all government affairs at all levels... from school boards to Congress/parliaments to presidents and prime ministers including all courts.

Oh really? Infiltrate society?
Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
Go away.

@Storm1752

Infiltrate religious community to reverse the brain wash. Why not?

Unfortunately, most religions are unable to live and let live. They're always interfering in government, getting 'blue laws' passed and smuggling their propaganda into the public schools. And they just can't be happy with a secular government, backing laws that made 'In God We Trust' the national motto (and adding it to our currency) and interpolating the words 'Under God' into the Pledge of Allegiance!

"In God We Trust" Many years ago in NY looking at my change after buying a beer in a bar I asked the barman why those words are printed on a one dollar bill and his reply: "because everybody else has to pay."

That is the most perfectly put incapsulation of the dilemma we face I've ever read.
But true belief is not an opinion. Theists and Atheists do not have opinions.
Agnostics have 'opinions.'
Only Agnostics can have rational discussions about such matters, because they do not have beliefs.
It's only through rational discussions we get anywhere.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.