Agnostic.com

9 5

Well now, after a very lengthy counseling session last evening I have to say that bigotry, stupidity, lack of understanding in human anatomy, etc, etc, are still running rampant throughout even the Salvation Army.
A young woman called me last evening needing an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean and cry on extremely badly.
I had been her counselor many years ago when she was about 15 years age and was living on the streets.
She had, after some time and in her words "got her shit together, pulled herself up, found a good job, eventually married" and now has a 4 year old son and 2 month old daughter.
Although she still adamantly refuses to accept religion, her now estranged partner still is a devout member of the Salvos.
About 4 days ago, whilst changing the baby for the very first time, I might add, he discovered that his daughter, though very normal in the outwards aspects has a somewhat prominent, about the size of a cigarette filter in diameter and no longer than a an eraser of the end of a pencil, clitoris for a baby of her age, which, medically speaking here, happens in a ratio of approx. 1: 1,200 female babies.
So 'shocked', etc, was he that he IMMEDIATELY proclaimed that the child was a product of the Devil with whom his partner MUST have had sex and that he intended fully to have her and their daughter ostracized from him, his family and the Salvation Army UNLESS she, his partner, surrendered the child to Child Services for adoption IMMEDIATELY.
She refused, so he set about removing her and both children from their home, informing the Salvation Army of the matter and WOULD be filling for Divorce as soon as possible.
After some hours of talking with her, not TO her btw, and after making a phone call I found her and her children some accommodation with the same couple who had taken in Bel, a previous and still current 'client' , who I might add were only too glad and happy to take them in at such short notice.
This morning they will be taking "Sandie" to Centrelink to apply for the Single Parent Payments, etc, and I have just called in a favour from a local, well respected Lawyer who will handle "Sandie's" Divorce case on a Gratis basis as well suing for Sole Custody of BOTH Children also.
"Sandie," when she had calmed down enough showed me the medical reports, scans, etc, regarding her daughter, these scans show clearly that the child has everything in the right place and is 100% female, the report states that " This occurrence, though somewhat rare, usually resolves itself as the child grows and the vulval folds expand to encompass it."
I am sorely tempted atm that should I have the misfortune to meet her ex-partner in the street that I WILL give him a 'piece of my mind,' that he will not FORGET in a hurry.

Triphid 9 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, it seems that Sandie has gotten herself together quite well at present.
Was just informed by phone that yesterday around noon, she withdrew ALL but $3.75 from their Joint Bank Account, a total of a nice little sum of $ 11,387.25 btw, RECLAIMED the car that her EX put in HER name only, cancelled the Electricity and Gas Accounts ( also in her name) to the 'family' home, has a Court Order from the Magistrate to go to the house and collect ALL belongs of the children and her own as well on Thursday and WILL be accompanied by 2 Police Officers plus an Interim Custody Order for the 2 children.
I'll bet her now EX is squirming like a worm on fishing hook right about now and most deservedly so imo.

Geebus, what next? What happened to "gawd made her perfect as intended," for the religious asshat?
Oh, wait, that would encompass LGBTQ, too...........

Well done you. The trouble is, that the world is probably full of 'Sandies' who are not lucky enough to have friends like you.

Ignorant prats like "Sandie's" ex need to be charged with every law that they have broken. It's a pity that willful ignorance is not a chargeable offense.

Just heard from Sandie and her son, Russel, aka Rusty, that ,

1. the Divorce papers ARE a Go,
  2. The Lawyer is doing it ALL on a Gratis basis, and, best of all imo,
  3. from Rusty in his own words of sorts, " We won't be seeing him again ever because he did beat me lots and lots because I didn't pray right and went to sleep while he was reading the bible to me, I telled the lady what him did to me, I showeded her all the marks on my back and legs and she tooked pictures of them too."
    I'm estimating here that it is an ODDS on bet that the shit will REALLY hit the fan when this goes to court in a VERY BIG way and Sandie's now EX may well be in for Charges of Child Abuse at the very least and NO chances of gain either Custody OR Access in the near future if at any future time as well.

I'm speechless.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Most understandable.

Thanks for the update.

While it is easy to feel outrage at the ex's behaviour, it raises two questions for which I have yet to find satisfactory answers. 1 ) What is it that allows such a malevolent attitude to develop in the first place? 2 ) What can be done to change such people's attitude?

I hope the mother and children will also receive counseling and adequate financial support. The fact that she tolerated the physical abuse is troubling and hope she can overcome that tendency probably rooted in the need for protection after living on the streets.

@Triphid As C. Hitchens said....religion poisons everything.

@Lorajay "Sandie" and Rusty are receiving counselling from me as Sandie requested and received it from me back when she was 15, Rusty is getting the same and these days I do it for free.
Sandie's Application for the Single Parent Payment was approved yesterday morning, plus she will still receive the Government Family Payment for the children BUT the great news is that her Arse-wipe Ex will now be required by Law to pay her Child Support as well EVERY WEEK from his wages at a rate of approx. 10% per child, so out of GROSS Earnings of around $1,500 - $1,700 per week he WILL be now paying between $300 and $340 BEFORE he receives his wages every week until each children reaches the age of 18.
IF he decides to quit his job and go on Social Security then he WILL be paying $10 per child per week BEFORE he receives his Social Security Payment.

@anglophone IMO, there are many, many things that NEED doing to change these abhorrent attitudes.

WTAF!!!!!!!!! The ignorance and judgmentalism of this is truly mind boggling. So glad you could help her.

Thank you, I do do my very best ALWAYS.

Wow...I can't even comprehend that level of ignorance. Good on you for helping them.

Always have been there and always will be there simply because I care.

Ignorant jerk!

And that, may I presume is being somewhat kind to him?

@Triphid Yes, I don't have strong enough vocabulary for people like that. The words don't exist.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I have MANY of them in my vocabulary but refrain from using them on here since there ARE LADIES present.

@Triphid Good, then I'll go along with whatever you can think of, without it needing to be typed out.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Then let us just agree, perhaps, that "Sandie's now EX is little more than a total WASTE of Time, Space, Oxygen, Sperm and an Ovum.

@Triphid Sounds good to me!

That breaks my heart for the children and the mom. It is a not abnormal condition, to think her father is so f-cking ignorant as to disown the baby. She will be better off without him, but I'd like to take a 2X4 upside his head.

For a while I was considering using something MUCH, MUCH harder.

@Triphid Maybe containing some iron?

@Lilac-JadeCanada Most definitely.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.