Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Letters From An American 02/08/2021

The news today centers on the Senate impeachment trial for the former president, which begins tomorrow, and the Democrats’ maneuvering to pass a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package.

Both of these issues deal with vital immediate questions. Will there be consequences for Trump’s refusal to accept the results of the 2020 election, a refusal that led to a coup attempt? And will the government help out those suffering from the economic dislocation caused by the pandemic? Behind those immediate questions, though, is a larger question: what direction will the nation take in the years to come?

In both of these issues, Trump supporters on the one hand, and Democrats on the other, appear to be very aware they will be making an appeal to voters in the future based on their actions today. Trump’s lawyers are teeing up the idea that the former president is a victim of Democratic obsession and that the Democrats are wastrels. The Democrats are setting up the idea that the Republicans are a danger to the nation and its people.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lots of projection from team trump, par for the course (puny, Iknow) and I am SO tired of the victim drama queen crap I could puke. I have not decided if I want to watch or not.

After 4 years of this crap especially the last couple of months I am done. Why beat myself up for more stress. How much is schadenfreude worth? We need to set our limits.

@JackPedigo I watched the democrats present their side. Got a less than a minute into Casters' rant and muted it. Came back to in time for the.

"Setting up the idea"???????? I got eyes!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.