Agnostic.com

4 4

How controversial? Very.

The Greek Canadian man who invented the Hawaiian pizza, Sam Panopoulos dies aged 83.

[bbc.com]

FrayedBear 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This joke reminds me of covid.

Man ask the Doctor what do I have.
Doc says, you have haggs,
Man, what is haggs???!!!!
Doc, it's a combination of covid, aids, Spanish flu, and enbola
Man, what can I do about it.
Doc, we can put you in a room and feed you pineapple pizza everyday.
Man, I have been eating pineapple all my life
Doc, yes, butt that is all we can slip under the door

Ah pineapple on pizza, one of the greatest controversies of the 20th century

I'm sorry to hear about Mr Panopoulos. Greek pizza isn't great but I'd eat it, as long as there wasn't any pineapple on it. I don't know how a human being can order Hawaiian pizza. Pizza can have mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage even meatball. I've had white clam pizza in Connecticut, it was okay but I wouldn't order it. I have very strong feelings about this matter. I'm from Philadelphia, don't even get me started on the subject of Cheesesteaks.

I grew up on the Jersey side of the Delaware in Edgewater Park. One of my after school jobs was working at Marchese Pizza in Burlington. He made his own dough and sauce. I worked the kitchen making hoagies and cheesesteaks. Great food!
I moved to Seattle, WA when I was 20. The first time I went out with friends to have pizza I was appalled. Then they were appalled when I picked up a slice, folded it , placed a finger at the sagging tip and took a bite. I looked up as I started chewing and everyone at the table is looking at me mouths gaping. They thought I was rude eating with my fingers.
The other major issue I had was none of the local supermarkets carried white sharp cheddar cheese, it was all orange. Then there was the mistake of ordering a cheesestake - YIKES! and no all night diners. None of that really mattered as I have always felt more like the Pacific Northwest is "home".

Life would be boring without pineapple pizza 🍕

Really? You eat that?

@barjoe I have actually tried it. Akin to the sweet and sour thing going on in Chinese food.

@K9Kohle789 Canadian bacon. It's ham.

@silverotter11 Pizza is supposed to taste like garlic and red pepper flakes not like sweet and sour pineapple. To each there own. It's not Italian. It's for stunads.

@barjoe I agree but then they folks who like that stuff didn't come from the Philly area or a place 20 miles NE of Philly. Be kind they know not anything better 🙂.

@silverotter11 Places sell that bullshit in Philly. Mostly to transplants. It's not pizza. It's food but it's not a pizza topping.

@barjoe LOL. You are correct.

@barjoe Just out of curiousity, what is your opinion of real Pennsylvania Dutch scrapple?

@silverotter11 You mean Philadelphia Scrapple? Habbersetts. I love it. I have made my own. I just used shoulder, not all head and organ meat. I guess you can't get that on the west coast. I can get you a recipe of you like. You can use a fatty boneless pork loin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575430
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.