Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Letters From An American 02/10/2021

“This case is much worse than someone who falsely shouts fire in a crowded theater. It’s more like a case where the town fire chief, who’s paid to put out fires, sends a mob not to yell fire in a crowded theater, but to actually set the theater on fire.”

This was how lead House impeachment manager Jamie Raskin (D-MD) explained Trump’s role in the January 6 insurrection to the senators trying the former president Trump for inciting that insurrection.

Over the course of today, the House impeachment managers laid out a devastating timeline of the former president’s effort, beginning even before the 2020 election, to prime his supporters to believe the only way he could lose was if the Democrats cheated. Manager Joseph Neguse (D-CO) used the rioters’ own words to show that they were responding to Trump’s calls to fight for his reelection. Manager Eric Swalwell (D-CA) pointed out that the Trump camp spent $50 million on national “STOP THE STEAL!” ads that ran until the planned “big protest” on January 6. That presentation alone was powerful, as the managers put videos of rally speeches and tweets together to let the story tell itself.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Problem is, "accountability" is a foreign word to most republicans.

I watched, I stream it on the internet via c-span. No talking head opinionators! One person hosts phone lines when there is a break. As the case unfolded on Wednesday I was wondering if the gop members were paying attention. Of course graham just can't keep his vile self in check. Which makes mcconnell even more scary - both men being equally vile IMHO.
Did you see the article about the hacker who uploaded almost all the videos from Parlar of the January 6th riot before the platform was shut down? The article said she is not in the U.S. but understood the importance of preserving those images and I get made them all available to the FBI. Cool
I did take some time after the proceedings ended and checked around on the net to see what fox, oann and newsmax had to say. YIKES! If those are the only sites some people watch there really are brainwashed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.