Agnostic.com

7 7

LINK Catholic Bishop Issues Trans Pastoral Guide That’s As Awful As You’d Expect | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

The Diocese of Springfield (Illinois) has released a new pastoral guide instructing its clergy (and, by extension, laypeople) how to respond to the possible appearance of transgender people in their schools, churches, and families.

In case you’re wondering how likely they are to have achieved the desired level of “compassion and sensitivity”, the man who wrote it — Bishop Thomas Paprocki — is the same man who, in 2013, performed an exorcism on the entire state of Illinois as a response to the decision to legalize gay marriage.

He claimed that it was an appropriate response to the news because gay marriage is a lie from the devil.

snytiger6 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Truth be told, alter boys probably hide when they see this guy approaching.

LGB:: sexual preference::: All the rest of the letters are bullshit.

Woman::::: ADULT HUMAN FEMALE.......

If ya gotta use a prefix, you are not part of reality.

Makes me glad I didn't get on the Catholic crazy train nearly 3 years ago.

These people belong in psych wards.

Shades of the 'Bel' episode here where I live.
Oh HOW I so wish that arse-holes like him would simply drop off the perch and become extinct instantly.

The idea of treating trans people just like the ordinary people that they are seems to be beyond that knucklehead.

I foresee the American catholic church breaking away from the Poop in Rome as they turn more evangelical assholed. Not that any catholic church is worthwhile.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576328
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.