Agnostic.com

3 13

A double quilt for my granddaughter. First time I tried incorporating a ruffle and I like the result.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love the pinwheels, and the soft colors. I have done lots of projects with half square triangles. They're fun and so adaptive. I've got a couple more projects in mind that I'll be using HSTs.

@Gwendolyn2018 I make HSTs out of two squares laid on top of each other right sides together, draw a line down the center diagonally, and then sew 1/4 inch on both sides of the line. Then cut on the line and press. I do have pictures of several of my quilts on my profile. There are several variations for making HSTs, a google search will find them. I got away from HSTs for a while and am doing some twister quilts currently. I made a quilt for new granddaughter, and several small project to use up my stash, I made placemats and pot holders for my kitchen. My christmas tree is a hst quilt, easy to put up and take down.

@Gwendolyn2018 That is one of the alternative methods for HST. There is also a method to make 8 HST from two blocks sewn together. My sister is a quilter, and she thought the blue HST quilt was trule me, a tad off center. My current project is a thanksgiving wreath quilt made with the twister blocks. After that I'm doing another HST project. I keep browsing pintrest and finding ideas. It's rather dangerous 🙂 Then my daughter wants me to make a crocheted blanket for my grandson, so I have to fit that around my other hobbies. At least it keeps me safely at home and busy.

I like it, nice soft color scheme.

I really like it@ i think the simplicity adds to it !

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.