Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Did Ted Cruz fly to Cancun during Texas‘ winter disaster?

If this is true, Ted Cruz went to Cancun during a horrible state of emergency in his home star, this is inexcusable. It appears to be him and Heidi Cruz taking a flight to Cancun last night.

barjoe 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What about Joe Biden?

Barack Obama put him in charge of curing cancer.
He made a campaign promise to cure cancer.
If Joe can cure cancer, bringing the Texas power grid back up should be a piece of cake.
I hear Joe has fantastic power engineering skills!

BD66 Level 8 Feb 18, 2021

"What about" is the first words out of a Republican's mouth in any political discussion. I'm surprised you didn't lead with Hunter Biden.

@barjoe This is a perfect example of leftist hypocrisy. When Katrina hit New Orleans, everyone was calling for GWB's head because he didn't solve the problems quick enough. Fair enough, the President is in control of FEMA and has tremendous resources at his disposal as head of the Executive Branch. Now when there is another weather related disaster in Texas, why not hold the Biden Administration responsible. Joe has control of FEMA and all the resources at his disposal. Why is it Ted Cruz's responsibility to restore power to Texas? Were they demanding that the Louisiana Senators fix all the Katrina-related problems?

@BD66 Whataboutisms again? I hope Ted Cruz is having fun in Cancun. I don't think he has to fix the problems with the grid but he should at least pretend he gives a shit about Texans. He doesn'tb even pretend.

I guess it's time to face up to the fact that it's all Joe Biden's fault. The Atrophy of the cosmos. All those horrible Democrat inspired earthquakes and Volcanic eruptions. Then there is all that Cancer out there because of Biden. Cancer has not been cured so Biden has blood on his hands. At least Trump TRIED to help people, asking them to inject Bleach in to themselves. And what I say is, if Biden can't cure cancer by 2022 then the Democrats should lose the midterms. It's time to hold Biden to account. After all, he has had a good 4 weeks to save the planet. What's he up to?

@barjoe Lets look on the bright side. Texas and the other 49 states are Far Far better off when Ted Cruz is out of the country. Let's hope he stays in Cancun for a long long time.

@dermot235 He is on his way back. He came up with a story saying he only went down to see his daughter off. Heidi stayed. With they way he constantly tweets and is always on his phone, he knew the fallout. He didn't comment for 24 hours and then came up with this alibi. I never accused him of not being smart. It might work. .

Let's say a natural disaster hit Illinois:

Do you blame Joe Biden (the President) for insufficient response?
Do you blame JB Pritzker (the Governor) for insufficient response?

Those two would be the most likely targets because they have resources at their disposal.

Do you blame Dick Durbin (our senior Senator). Sounds a little nuts.
Do you blame Tammy Duckworth (our junior Senator). Sounds a lot nuts.

Your getting all spun up over Ted Cruz (Texas's junior Senator) is every bit as nuts as getting spun up over Tammy Duckworth's failure to solve a weather-related disaster in Illinois.

Were you guys all spun up when California was burning in 2020 and Kamala Harris (California's junior Senator) was traveling around?

Should Kamala have put on firefighting gear and joined the firefighters on the front lines?

OK, just for fun, What should Ted Cruz be doing right now?

He should be trying to serve his constituents. If any Democrat did this, your head would be exploding.

I would say the best think he could do would be to fly from Cancun to DC and do everything in his power to lobby the Executive Branch to do something to help out in Texas.

@BD66 Biden sent emergency aid but Texas is on their own grid. El Paso was able to tap in and so was Louisiana. I don't know why I even bother discussing this with you. Senator's job of not too lobby the president anyway, it's to write and vote on legislation and funding. Ted Cruz voted against aid to Gulf after Katrina and NY/NJ after Sandy. He doesn't care about Texans any more than any other Americans.

@barjoe So:
Joe Biden: Has the resources of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government under his control.
Greg Abbot: Has the resources of the Executive Branch of the Texas Government under his control.
John Cornyn: Has no resources, but he's the senior Senator from Texas.

Why all to focus on Ted Cruz rather than on the other three?

@BD66 Look. You like the guy? Fine! Good for you. When I posted this article, I didn't know if the story was true and I worded or as such. It's since been confirmed and I think he's a disgrace. If you have no problem with it, then we disagree. Leave it at that. There are a lot of posts on this site, trashing Republicans. Why all the "focus" on this story?

OK this is what Ted Cruz should be doing. He should be telling everyone that the election was NOT stolen and stop telling a lie that he knows is a lie. That's what he should be doing

Ted Cruz is a lawyer, not a power engineer.
He has nothing to add to bringing the Texas power grid back up.
His only skill is talking, and he can talk just as well in Cancun as he can from his office in Texas.

I call bullshit on that. He's a United States Senator representing the state of Texas. He's not responsible for the power grid outage, but for him to mosey off to Cancun while his constituency are suffering is heinous, even for him.

@barjoe That was more of a slam on lawyers in politics than it was a defense of Ted's vacation.

@BD66 Greg Abbott is a lawyer as well. Many lawyers are in politics because they know the constitution. It doesn't bother you that orifice holders are educated? Does it? What matter if they are an MBA like Trump or a lawyer like Biden? Do you want a high school dropout as governor?

his only skill is lying and sedition and taking bribes to sell his vote the fat ass should be here suffering like his constituents

@BD66 there is nodefense

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577105
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.