Agnostic.com

2 4

America Has The Tinder To IGNITE Social Uprising

• Chris Hedges
skado 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A few years ago, Hedges’ pessimism turned me off. He’s still at it.

Seems more like realism to me.

@RoboGraham, @linxminx

I doubt all three of us. Are there objective tests for optimism, realism and pessimism?

@yvilletom I think the line from the movie, A Few Good Men, applies here, yvilletom.... "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth". I think over time, on these boards, you have proven to me that you can't handle the truth, at least not about this...

@yvilletom I invited myself after you bashed Hedges because he tells the truth and promotes realism, both of which you seem to oppose. I reserve the right to call bullshit on anyone that tries to push others to stop telling the truth in the interest of being "optimistic". We have way too little truth being told in America. If you don't like my attitude, you can always block me. Until then, if you don't like it, you can shove it.

@linxminx I grew up in a sometimes violent home. Feeling powerless, I tried pessimism for a while and decided I would rather be dead. In four years of hardball politics I found my power. I recommend it.

@yvilletom I grew up in that same kind of home and I am still choosing to be alive. I can take realism and I prefer it to self delusion. I am proud of being realistic about politics and always telling the truth to others as well as myself. Different choices I guess.

Hedges' perception is spot on about the Democratic party. In fact, they act entitled to perpetuate the two-party system, which is more like one-party . . . perpetually trending toward totalitarianism. And it scares me. We have an all powerful political system that ensures that nothing really helpful on behalf of humanity can happen. And they mutually ensure the existence of imperialism. I thought our government uses checks and balances, but I don't see evidence of that.

Totally agree

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.