Agnostic.com

5 14

Good news about my hiking partner Karen.

Karen called me last Friday. She sounded very happy.

Her late husband Jeff, MD, left Karen everything in his will. This includes two large, view houses in Wenatchee and Lake Joy, WA, and property in the desirable Methow Valley, WA. Everything is off. Jeff's employer will do Jeff's 2020 taxes for Karen.

Karen plans to the house on Lake Joy in Western WA. "I never wanted to live there," she said. "Too much rain! I will make loads of selling it." It's an Italian villa they built on waterfront property with a dock three years ago. No engines allowed on the lake. House sales in the Seattle area are skyrocketing. Due to the pandemic, people want to move out of Seattle.

"I can use the to build a small house on the Methow Valley property," Karen said.

Karen hated their rundown, mouse-infested, decades- camper that Jeff refused to part with. Steve, 35, is a shiftless stoner and friend of her who was banned by Jeff from their houses after he broke Jeff's piano. Last week, Steve called Karen when he heard of Jeff's death. Karen offered Steve the camper for FREE. Steve was thrilled. All he had to do was put on new tires. Last weekend, Karen delightedly watched Steve drive away the damn camper (and mice colony) to Arizona where he plans to live in it. Perfect.

"I'm going to buy a new small SUV with four-wheel drive," Karen said. "Jeff's SUV had over 250,000 miles and required extra oil when you drove it. We had to carry an oil can."

"Just think, Kathleen!" Karen enthused. "We can take the new SUV to the new little house in Methow Valley and spend a week snowshoeing! How does that sound? I want to live in Wenatchee where my friends and support network are, including you."

"I only cry when I see a random picture of Jeff," Karen said. "I want to do Jeff proud." They were married for 40 years.

She doesn't have to worry about . What a relief.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, No, No, we have enough mice in Arizona already. Otherwise, glad for your friend.

Yes, now she can do all the things he would not let her do while they were married.

Jolanta

Exactly.

Great writing as usual. Thank you for sharing.

@19dacar52

Thank you.

Laughed when I heard Steve drove away that rundown, 40-year-old camper.

Hope he enjoys living with mice.

@LiterateHiker I think I saw him driving it away... Oh wait! Wrong state! 🤣😂😅😂😂

Wow, that sounds great for her.

Very glad for her

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 23, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.