Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK Texas Bishop Blames Atheism for Every “Ill That Plagues Our Society” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

(I wonder if he also blames atheists for the pedophile priests)

The broader Christian church has a long sordid history of racism that is so well-known that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “The most segregated hour of Christian America is 11 o’clock on Sunday morning.”

Christians didn’t cause racism but they’ve historically been part of the problem.

None of that got through to Texas Bishop Joseph E. Strickland, though, because yesterday he claimed atheism was far worse than racism — before blaming atheists for all of society’s problems.

snytiger6 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you believe in fairy tales, anything goes.

We’ve seen this before........blame this, blame that......blame the tigers. It’s always everything and everyone but themselves.

He’s obviously not very well versed in the bible, there are so many bits that I could quote to him that would be relevant and tell him to shut his pie hole and stop betraying his messiah right now 😉
But I suppose it doesn’t matter what a plonker he is in the week as he will still be forgiven on Sunday?

Of course he would since they've been lobbing the blame on everyone else for almost everything that has gone awry since Chrustianity was first invented.
After all, in the minds of Chrustians they are absolutely PERFECT and in being so they can do NO wrong, ergo, they MUST be suffering Persecution either by direct means OR by Proxy and I guess they elected as their persecuters by Proxy, we the Atheists of course.

One sick asshole. Stupid fuck - the catholic church is getting stupider the farther they chase evangelicalism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:578624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.