Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK New gun bill drawing hot debate over controversial text | wltx.com

(It should be pointed out that Trump made it easier for mentally ill people to buy guns)

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — No doubt it's a hot debate. HR 127 is a gun bill proposed by Democrat Representative Sheila Jackson Lee. It focuses on registration and licenses.

Gun rights activist Colion Noir is calling it "pure, unadulterated Grade A (bleep)."

snytiger6 9 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would have posted this in the pro gun group but I am blocked from there. I am a recovering troll.

I'm a gun owner. I have no problem with a 3 day waiting period and a background check. Who wants a nutball in having a gun? The greedy gun manufacturers don't care. I do. Gun owners should.

I’m with you 100%. NRA keep blabbing about proposed laws being too restrictive , but I rearely see them present any law to show they care about anything but selling weapons to as many people as possible. That worked so well out west in the 19th century where Main Street shootouts were à for of entertainment. 🤪

@Barnie2years NRA basically are lobbyist for gun manufacturers. They used to promote gun safety and sponsor gun education. They're just a right wing organization anymore.

@barjoe I was a member decades ago, as they were just starting to radicalize. My died in the wool Republican father dropped his membership before I did when they were pushing for military weapons to be easily available. I was hunting and getting their hunting magazine, so stayed a little longer until they pretty much dropped the pretense of being anything but firearms industry shills.

I think gun owners should take a cue form the movie industry. They created their own system of regulation (movie ratings system), so the government would not come in and do so.

@snytiger6 They won't. I live in a high crime area. I have a carry permit but I usually keep a 9mm within reach in my living room and a 38 special in my bedroom. I have never brandished on the street. Had to in my old house when someone broke in my home. I called the police. I was prepared to shoot him.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.