Agnostic.com

5 22

The heroes of the Covid pandemic in America. Thank you.

Inside a Covid I.C.U., Through a Nurse's Eyes. "Leadership in the pandemic has not come from elected officials or spiritual guides, but has come from a group that is underpaid, overworked, and considered secondary even in their workplaces. As so many others have dropped the ball, nurses have worked tirelessly out of the spotlight to save lives. Often showing more concern for their patients then for themselves."

linxminx 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How they manage to stay human while watching people die every day I will never know. The emotional trauma of trying to save lives but not being able to day after day. I honestly think we are going to see a wave of PTSD in nurses who have endured this.

Under paid and over worked? I know many nurses. They are all very well compensated for their skills. They don't work any harder than garbage men, plumbers, teachers, bussers/servers, and any number of other professions.

This is just a weak attempt at virtue signaling.

SCal Level 7 Mar 1, 2021

@linxminx what you describe regarding wage discrepancy goes on in every profession. Each profession has their own cross to bear. COVID has just increased the amount of “work” . But the same can be said for morgue workers, morticians, grave diggers, etc.

I am in no way trying to diminish the critical role nurses play. Just that there are so many critical roles that people play that should be considered.

@linxminx not justifying it at all. It’s wrong , all I was pointing out is it’s pervasive, not just nursing.

@linxminx unfortunately.

@linxminx You're worth what the market will pay for your skills. Nurses are skilled. They're compensated commensurate to those skills. They could always go get more skills, take on more responsibilities or choose another profession.

It's tough to argue you're overworked when you keep showing up for checks.

And OP is def virtue signaling.

Thanks for sharing, it was a moving video.

Exactly

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 28, 2021

These unsung heroes need a song!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.