Agnostic.com

10 11

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” How many of my religious friends fail this each day?

Humanlove 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife."

Notice how "the Wife" is described as a piece of property owned by the husband who owns the house.

women were subservient to men in those good ol' days, women get a raw deal in that good book eh

what i wonder is who's coveting a donkey and does it imply something sexual?

How many of all of us fail this every day? Of course, before I covet my neighbor's car, I would have to drive it first. LOL

Foots love religious one-up-manship lol

Mvtt Level 7 Mar 2, 2021

I really never understood the whole covet shtick ... never wanted "Jessie's girl" (sorry, Rick!), or somebody else's shit.

Every one, whether they admit it or not.

Leelu Level 7 Mar 2, 2021

Just 100% of them.

Coveting a neighbor's ass, I think I may have seen that.

Forget all that. Homosexuality, that's the thing.

I covet my neighbor's Agnostic level...

Been happening forever. After all the US has one of the highest, if not the highest divorce rate in the world for at least the last 20 or 30 years.

I think the high divorce rate has less to do with wanting someone else's spouse , and more to do with total dissatisfaction with the ones they have , coupled with the knowledge that you can easily get along without the one you have.

@Cast1es Great point there!! Plus today’s millennials and Gen Z don’t really seem keen on it either. Which isn’t surprising because marriage is one of the seven sacraments of the catholic faith. And those generations are rejecting religion big time.

@Cast1es totally agree, it is the failed relationship, not the shapely tail that starts it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.