Agnostic.com

1 0

Trust me to open my mouth...LOL.
Just got wee list over the phone from the local Police Sergeant wanting a 'few', IF possible, articles to be used to assist in our local fight against illicit Drug Dealers and the like.
The list includes, 4 to 6 cameras like mine that can be secreted/hidden as well as mine are and can be easily removed and re-used elsewhere post the surveillance, etc, jobs with Night and Heat Sensor vision and recording capabilities,
Video and Audio recording equipment, compact disc usability of course, and, the mini directional microphones as well.
Guess I'll be doing my Civic Duty, calling in a few of the numerous 'favours' owed to me this afternoon and getting them what they need, especially since the so-called Policing Budget for this region has been cut quite a bit of late.

Triphid 9 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find it very odd the police don't have their own access to this type of camera system.

The N.S.W. State Government controls the Police Budget and "allocates" (????) resources to suit the supposed, in their minds, priorities as per the Crime Rate of each region.
Which in my opinion is sheer BULLSHIT btw.
Our LOCAL Policing region covers from the NSW-Sth. Australian Border east to the Darling River and from the Queensland Border in the north to the NSW - Victorian Border in the south and EVERYTHING in between.
Most townships along the Darling River and in that area usually have ONLY ONE or 2 Police Officers each, Broken Hill is ALLOWED a maximum of 16 Patrol Officers, 6 Detectives and 1 Superintendent for a
LOCAL population of 19,000 people PLUS they also have to cover the area from B.Hill to Wilcannia, across to the Sth. Australian Border the south to the Victorian - NSW Border as well using Motor vehicles ONLY, NO Police Helicopters or other Aircraft.
If you look at a map of N.S.W., find the course of the Darling River, then check the area between the river and the borders you WILL see just how big an area they are EXPECT to cover in comparison, for example, to Metropolitan Sydney or other Coastal NSW cities.

@Triphid Thanks, I'll do that.

@Triphid Holy crap, there are some huge distances!!!

@Lilac-JadeCanada And you ain't whistling Dixie either.
The NEAREST decent sized town/city to B.Hill is Mildura, Victoria approx. a 2-3 hours trip by car away, the smallest riverside town is Menindee some 45 -60 minutes away by car, the community closest to B.Hill is Silverton about 20-30 minutes away with Cockburn, on the NSW-S.A. border being 50 kilometres away.
In winter, when I go out to get firewood, it IS a 100 kilometre round-trip.
The whole firewood trip, including cutting and loading takes from 9.00 am to around 3.00pm including travelling time.
There ARE people out in this world that, imo, have no true concept of exactly how vast and virtually empty the Australian Outback really is.

@Triphid Well I kind of do living where I am. We're not as empty here in my province, but we're 90 minutes away from the nearest town, & 3 hours away from a larger city. We're forestry, & ranchland here with lots of remote lakes, rivers, that are fly in only.

British Columbia compared to New Zealand

My small city is Williams Lake Prince George is 3 hours away, & Kamloops is 4 hours away. Quesnel is 90 minutes away, but it's small too, & 100 Mile House is a village.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Btw, made THE phone call last evening, no probs, the required 'equipment' is being packed and shipped out later today.
FREE of all Charges as well.
I bet the boys and girls at the local Cop Shop will get a BIG surprise when it arrives most likely on Monday or Tuesday.

@Triphid That's great. It would be interesting to see how they react.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I'd like to see that as well, especially since they will be getting a few 'extras' that they didn't ask for or think of.

@Triphid Yeah, & I hope they appreciate it all.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I'm certain they will but I'm also sure that local Drug Dealers will NOT be so appreciative.

@Triphid Hahaha....life is tough....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.