Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK 5 takeaways from Dr. Fauci's Chicago COVID talk - Chicago Tribune

Here are five takeaways from the remarks by Fauci, who is the government’s top infectious disease expert, heading the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases:

1. Vaccinated people should still be cautious
    “The instinct is to say, ‘We have a really good vaccine, I’m vaccinated, I have a 95% effective vaccine, why can’t I do whatever I want to do?’,” Fauci said. “Ultimately, you may be able to do that but not right now because there are things we don’t know.”

Fauci said it’s still unknown whether the vaccine prevents a vaccinated person from spreading the illness “so we say you’ve got to wear a mask.”

Fauci also said he thinks that if individuals get COVID-19 after being vaccinated, the level of virus in their system will likely be substantially lower than it would be in a person who hasn’t been vaccinated. “There’s a study from Israel that strongly suggests that. But we’re doing a study now to try and nail that down, and if in fact we find that out, then you’re going to see a pulling back on some of the restrictions, but we’re not there yet.”

HippieChick58 9 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If the number of trump voters in 2020 can be used as an indicator of who will pay attention to Dr. Fauci and who will run amok I'd say up ways of 40% of the population are going to be a problem getting the pandemic under control.
They have been the problem from the beginning and so far I see no real change in their thinking. Texas the poster child for lets just fuck up everyone, followed closely by Florida. 😟

and immune doesn't last forever. I had it in October and antibodies are already gone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580220
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.