Agnostic.com

5 3

and for all the mask addicts

USA is on a good path to finally get rid of a non working method to prevent covid infections

Masks 'DON'T stop you getting Covid': Top experts criticise 'troubling lack of evidence' to justify wearing them after major Danish study concluded they don't protect the wearer

[fvd.nl]

1 [foxnews.com]
2 [usnews.com]
3 [aarp.org]
4 [today.com]
5 [msn.com]
6 [nos.nl]
7[principia-scientific.com]
8 [nos.nl]
9 [bnnvara.nl]
10 [tudelft.nl]
11 [acpjournals.org]
12 [dailymail.co.uk]
13 [spectator.co.uk]
14 [twitter.com]
15 [twitter.com]

#USA
luckytobealive 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would appear that your medical expertise matches your financial markets acumen.

Those who complain most about masks are wearing a thin hankerchief or an ill fitting poorly constructed mask. So sure, they may not protect you, but even the weakest of masks prevent your droplets from going very far toward infecting others.

It's a show of respect and courtesy to wear a mask. I wear a comfortable yet well constructed mask that fits me well when I'm in close contact with people - and am happy to spend most of my time in open air settings keeping a good deal of distance from others.

I use common sense and common courtesy. I wish others near me would as well. There are some Anti-masker Q-anon Yoga Mom types in my condo complex. They refuse to wear a mask, which is fine if they keep their distance from me.

Unfortunately, these Anti-maskers also want to use the swimming pool at the same time as me, where we are free to exercise without masks. I learned early on not to engage them in discourse about it, because they sputter and yell and scream that they aren't "afraid" of the virus.... well I'm in my mid-sixties and haven't had my vaccine yet, so I wish they would show some courtesy to the older folks in the complex and wear a mask or at least keep their distance from me. They refuse to give me space, so I leave the pool and do without my exercise for the day. They are being selfish - and breaking the law here in Hawaii.

Lucky for me, I can come back in an hour to use the pool without them in it, but it's just rude not to follow the rules of our condo complex. I'm afraid it the problem persists, we'll close the pool, as we did early on in the pandemic, which was sad, since it's the only form of exercise many of the elderly here get.

Oh geez, not you again. You've been wrong on everything you've ever posted here.

Remember in November when you wrote "it's now already very clear trump will win"? "The thing surprises me most."

And remember when you perpetuated all those unsubstantiated lies about Hunter Biden yo try to influence the election? "How much usa knows about recently gnews."

BTW, your links do not support your claim about masks. Very misleading.

( This has been said so many times before it is getting really boring. )

The main purpose of masks is to prevent you infecting others, if they do not prevent you getting infected, that is besides the point.

Though it is hard to see how they would not at least help a little bit, even with that.

There is research to show that there is some benefit to the wearer, especially with the better masks.

@LovinLarge Yes I know, I was putting a heavy spin on it.

You can post as many links as you want. You're still WRONG!

NO YOU ARE WEARING MASKS reduces spread by almost 50%

@whiskywoman Not just spread, depending on quality of the mask, it protects YOU!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.