Agnostic.com

5 4

What a Whopper of a mistake.

Burger King apologizes and deletes tweet that said "women belong in the kitchen"

[adweek.com]

Dyl1983 8 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The internet, where noone overreacts, and everybody already knows the intent...

It still amazes me how triggered some people get 🤣

Good move

I think the tweet was tongue in cheek, while actually trying to promote women to better advantage. It's so hard in this world to find a way to use humor with beneficial intent that won't offend anyone. The older I get the easier it is to let some things go, as I realize they are making fun of the old ways of thinking. Unfortunately for some, it's too soon.

Berger king burgers used to be my favorites. But, the company moved their headquarter to Canada to avoid taxes. I have not bee to Burger King and will not return.

They were trying to promote a culinary scholarship program for women. No good deed goes unpunished.

Yes, butcould have chosen almost any other phrase. Imagine if it were a minority they were talking about, and then you know how it would feel.

@Organist1 I think it was an incomplete tweet without a self explanatory link. I don't know how long it was up before they realized it.

@barjoe Still, so awkward and not well thought out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.