Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK An America Without God

I loved the concept of conservation of belief. I have seen quite a few people transfer their fervency for god into politics, crystals, the occult, and other such gobbledygook. We have the terms atheist and agnostic,
i wish there was a word for someone that tries to not believe or have faith in anything. Its a long article, but thought provoking even if i don't agree with all of it.

RealisticEyes 4 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I gave up trying to believe. I put that energy into being comfortable with the unknown.

I have faith in myself...my common sense, my mechanical ability, my outlook on life that has & will get me through anything. What else do I need?

If only there were a new word for “nones” that makes more sense. Good article. I have an ultra-religious girlfriend and she definitely has been more involved in politics, extreme beliefs and conspiracy theories. I know most of it comes directly from her church pulpit and congregation.

I do not try to not believe. I have succeeded in not believing -- even if I was in a foxhole!

Case perhaps of you can prove anything with states.

It makes one huge unsupported assumption. Which is that. It is the same people who left religious institutions, who are worshiping political institutions, while it could easily be fueled by reaction on the part of those still in religion.

Not just America, how about the whole world!!!

Nihilist, having said that, I have no faith or belief in what I said or whether I said it, or anything you might say to agree or disagree.

That made me laugh.

@RealisticEyes success at last, and the answer to your question.

Faithfools believe in a god without objective evidence.

Hmm, as a atheist, I’m pretty sure America is without a god. But it does have a lot of people who believe in one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581595
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.