Agnostic.com

6 5

Results From the City That Just Gave Away Cash

[npr.org]

skado 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who else remembers the small loans given to women in Bangladesh about four decades ago? I recall reading that many of them started small businesses.

For info, search on microloans in Bangladesh.

Certainly not the first time I have heard of these types of experiments or social construct ideas.
The conclusion is the same. Huge benefit to society very little down side.
It proves keeping a populace in a state of anxiety through fear - however that fear is generated - makes for people who are easy to influence and control.

UBI will get an unbiased hearing only after the USA has been emptied ol all Republicans, all moderate Democrats, and all traces of xianity.

I agree. Never.

We certainly need to re-examine the current economic models we use in our western societies as they are clearly not working. Any system that decreases the differential between the richest and the poorest instead of increasing it, as our current systems do, needs to be seriously considered.

Works well I am told, in Scandinavian countries.

Universal Basic Income. Andrew Yang was an advocate for that. He might be the next Governor of NY.

My avatar proposed just such a concept in his 1797 pamphlet titled, Agrarian Justice.

@p-nullifidian An inspiring avatar and a work well worth some of my time. Thanx.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:581678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.