Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Georgia Shooter’s Church Will Kick Him Out Since He Clearly Didn’t Accept Jesus | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

While more details about the Christian life of Robert Aaron Long, the Georgia spa shooter who murdered eight people, continue to dribble out, his church wants to make clear they want nothing to do with him anymore.

Crabapple First Baptist Church says it’s basically rescinding his baptism. They had posted a celebratory video of Long explaining his journey to finding Jesus — only to take it down once his crimes became clear — but now they’re distancing from him as much as they can.

snytiger6 9 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The real reason for kicking him out is that he will not be attending again so there will be no more donations from him.

I didn't know you can rescind a baptism. Of course that doesn't matter much to me. I rescinded mine when I decided to be an Atheist.

It always strikes me how christians denounce each other by insisting that they are the “real” christians and the other is not, yet they draw their poison from the same well. I seem to remember stories about Jesus’ own violent outbursts. If he had access to firearms, would he have shot those poor merchants on the temple grounds?

I wouldn’t doubt it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.