Agnostic.com

8 25

Guess who won the huge Washington Opportunity Scholarship?

WOO HOO!

Dennise, the girl I'm mentoring, won the Washington Opportunity Scholarship for up to $22,000/year, renewable for all four years of college. She will get her award letter in April.

This is on top of the $9,400/year scholarship Dennise won last week from three local fruit companies. The companies combined their scholarship amounts. Her $9,400 scholarship is renewable for four years, too.

"I haven't absorbed it," Dennise said. Today she and I spent three hours writing essays and scanning documents to apply for the WA Women in Need scholarship. Since the website would not let us save our work (the dirty rats), we powered through to get it submitted.

So far, Dennise has applied for 40 scholarships with my help. We're not done. On average, students I mentored won 25% of the scholarships for which they applied.

Photos:

1. Dennise was accepted into the prestigious University of Washington.

2. Scholarship Rockstar Award. "I want to be a rockstar!" Kriss, a fellow volunteer college mentor, whined. We laughed.

3. In 2018, I took three young women I previously mentored on a day hike in Icicle Gorge.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Congrats to the Jovensita!
My advise to her based on my professional engineering experiences(academic, professional):
"Math is Your Friend".

@CarlosG903

What does Jovensita mean?

Did you mean " jovencita" that means youngster?

Congratulations and all the best to Ms.Denise, and kudos to her dedicated mentor. 🙂

Wow, she is amazing young lady! Congratulations to both of you.

Congratulations!!!

Amazing achievement. Congratulations!

Congratulations to all! Applause and respect!

You are both rockstars

Congrats! Never a doubt!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:585274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.