Agnostic.com

12 16

This music video is causing stress in religious circles.

kensmile4u 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow. I have trouble understanding the lyrics. Are they extolling the virtues of being ruled by a "lord" of drugs, and degradation, or lamenting the same? It certainly is an impressive production and there is money behind it, so it must have a considerable market. Being a bit out of touch with the 21st century music scene, I am totally unfamiliar with this genre. Personally I find it a little scary. Is it condoning Black submission to the inevitable or warning against it?

Here are the lyrics. I think the song is a seductive confession of desire to someone.

[google.com]

Stress seems to be their middle name.

Good.
Next we can show them Behemoth

Mvtt Level 7 Apr 1, 2021

OK that's enough for this curmudgeon. Converse to the former post, this says nothing to me, not being an admirer of negativity and hatred, We see enough of that on the evening news!

This song is no work of art, and not really my personal cup of tea, but I do get a big chuckle out of the idea that many of the same people who thought this artist was cool for creating "Old Town Road" are now shitting little hate pellets about this latest "hit."

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 31, 2021

I know nothing about the artist but having been a school bus driver I was incredulous when my elementary school students chorused the song "Old Town Road" every evening to my ultimate nausea. I could not understand where this fit into the current pop music scene, especially since it would have been singularly mundane at a time when I was involved in the folk movement fifty years earlier. What does this piece of trash have to do with the one I just mentioned?

@fishline79 they are both done by the same artist.

@Deb57 Very strange. The author must be acutely "Bi-Polar"!

The music wasn't my jam but every frame of that video was designed to trigger the Jebus crowd. For that reason alone, I give it two thumb's up.

They should listen to songs from Destruction like “Curse the Gods” or “Nailed to the Cross” and songs like “Haunting the Chapel” and “The Antichrist” by Slayer. They’ll have a stroke after reading these lyrics.

Agreed. But those bands don't have the popular reach this guy has. He was on a Superbowl commercial with Sam Elliot and he is currently on a major television commercial for Logitech. I suspect that mass appeal is what scares the hell out of religious leaders.

not my style. Typical shit.

Religious circles cause me stress on almost a daily basis, especially religious circles in politics.

All for it!!

That's downright weird.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 31, 2021

We could start a music group purely related to songs that bother religious people.

Heavy Metal is the best music for that.

I'm in. Let me know what you are calling it; maybe something like "Secular Sense" or "Freedom From Religion Songs" On second thought, ask the community for ideas, unless you have a title in mind. I've got several.

It causes me stress too, but not because of any message, rather because the melody stinks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.