Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK What’s the Equality Act and How Can You Make a Difference? - TheHumanist.com

Legislation that protects LGBTQ+ people in America is long overdue. The lack of federally mandated protections leave those who seek justice for discrimination very few options, especially since many states throughout the country do not explicitly have those protections in their laws. Already passed in the United States House of Representatives, the Equality Act will ensure those vital federal protections for the LGBTQ+ community by amending the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to add gender identity and sexual orientation to the list of protected classes. The bill will also codify equal protections for LGBTQ+ people within healthcare, employment, education, housing, and federally funded programs.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sure it will be passed in the Senate with no Repub support of any kind.

If we can ever end religion in the USA we might have a chance at achieving herd equality.

Yet, due to 2 " Moderate" Dems this bill , HR1 and the G.Floyd bill have No chance of passing..🤬🤬

I'm cis-gender and it pisses me off that all people in this country do not have equal protection, I can't imagine the level of rage one would have if their life was directly impacted.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.