Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK McConnell demands corporate silence on GOP voter-suppression efforts

Several major domestic airlines have taken stands in support of voting rights in recent days, and yesterday, they were joined by United Airlines. "Legislation that infringes on the right to vote of fellow Americans is wrong," the company said as part of a written statement.

For Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), this and other recent statements like it have become a thorn in his party's side. As Reuters reported yesterday, the Republican Party's top senator has felt compelled to engage in public pushback against his ostensible corporate allies.

snytiger6 9 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What suppression? Requiring an ID to vote is hardly suppression.

Georgia now require two IDs (although I doubt two IDs will be enforced for whites), eliminated early voting on Sunday because the blacks would rent buses to transport people from church to voting polls, eliminated 75% of the voter drop boxes in urban (black) areas, and made it illegal to offer food or water to people waiting to vote, when in 2020 some people waited more than 13 hours in line... and a lot more to discourage or prevent (mostly blacks) from voting

@snytiger6 That’s only for absentee ballots. If you vote in person you only have to have 1 ID. So I don’t see what the problem is.

@Trajan61 You seem to be narrowly focused on the one aspect of voter IDs... and ignore the more blatant efforts enacted to suppressing black votes. Some of which I already stated.

. . . but . . . but . . . but, Corporations are PEOPLE πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

Over the long term, McConnell is the singe most destructive figure in American politics.

They don't take orders from him. He takes his orders from them.

The king of hypocrisy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:587649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.