Agnostic.com

4 9

LINK “Mask up to keep it up”: preliminary evidence of the association between erectile dysfunction and COVID-19. | Physician's Weekly

OK guys, attention. If you want your little man to continue to rise to the occasion, wear a mask and get the vaccination!!!

Erectile dysfunction (ED), as the hallmark of endothelial dysfunction, could be a short- or long-term complication of COVID-19. Additionally, being ED a clinical marker and predictor of Non-communicable Chronic Diseases, particularly cardiovascular, subjects with ED could potentially have a higher risk of contracting COVID-19.

To investigate the prevalence of ED among subjects with a reported diagnosis of COVID-19 and to measure the association of COVID-19 and ED.

We reviewed data from the Sex@COVID online survey (performed between April 7 and May 4 , 2020 in Italy) to retrieve a sample of Italian male sexually active subjects with reported SARS-CoV-2 infection. A matching sample of COVID-19 negative male sexually active subjects was also retrieved using propensity score matching in a 3:1 ratio. The survey used different standardized psychometric tools to measure effects of lockdown and distancing on the intrapsychic, relational, and sexual health of Italian subjects.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my case it would be a long term thingy. haha. My knee-jerk reaction to all these claims about greater COVID problems is to disbelieve them. They sound like all the miracle cure claims that spring up around a new medical treatment (i.e., weed's medical uses). Just public exuberance.

Thanks I shared this in the town fb. I've renewed my arguing with trumpers online hobby since I'm at home quarantined with it because of their antimask fight for us all to bathe in covid 🙄

MsAl Level 8 Apr 10, 2021

Well, we need to get the news out about this! Even if it's preliminary, even if more study is needed... (My guess is that a connection, if any, won't be strong enough to really worry about.)

But hell, if a little fear of impotence pushes more people to get vaccinated, that's good enough for me.

This isn't the first I've heard about it.. There was info out about this the middle of last year.

Hello! A silver lining! Anti-maskers/vaxers are going to fail to breed!!!!! singing "Happy days are here again......."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.