Agnostic.com

2 3

Several years ago I went to the McDonald Observatory near Ft. Davis, Tx. After dark, around 9-9:30 pm, they have what they call a Star Party. They also had some of their smaller telescopes open for us.

Evening Sky Viewing:
On scheduled evenings, the Visitors Center offers a completely outdoors, open-air star gazing tour. Enjoy an unaided-eye tour of the evening sky including major constellations, bright stars, and other objects of interest including the Moon, planets, and satellites from the outdoor Amphitheater at the Visitors Center. Visitor Center staff share information about some of the practical uses of the stars, the mythology of some constellations, and the scientific understanding of various patterns and objects in the night sky. Binoculars are welcome, and are also a great way to get a little something extra from the program.

The silly part is,
Our presenter told a story of a young mother who called and wanted to know why they did not have earlier shows, around 5 or 6, for young children.

Sierra4 8 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They could’ve organized a special show for her🙂 and it’s not that uncommon because one of my friends asked me once whether it’s possible to watch the lunar eclipse on another day.
People need to be interested in things like that to be able to judge such events. I would suggest everyone interested in the topic read more astronomy articles. They are more interesting than you might think. It’s not only for nerds or scientists only because various blogs simply explain things. There is a lot that we don’t know about the universe, and it might be interesting to find out more.

She could take her kiddies to a planetarium. I hope they are smarter than their mom.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.