Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Beijing tells Japanese politicians to drink Fukushima’s wastewater to prove it’s safe before they dump it into the ocean — RT World News

The Chinese Foreign Ministry has called on politicians in Tokyo to use Fukushima’s wastewater for drinking, cooking, washing clothes, or irrigation in order to prove it is safe enough to be discharged into the ocean.

Speaking on Thursday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian reinforced Beijing’s opposition to Tokyo’s decision to dump more than one million tons of “treated” nuclear wastewater into the ocean.

“Japan’s claims that the safety of nuclear wastewater relies only on unilaterally obtained data, which is completely unconvincing… The Tokyo Electric Power Company, which is responsible for operating the Fukushima nuclear power plant, has tampered with data and concealed the news,” the spokesman claimed, insisting that international agencies be called upon.

Zhao said that Japanese politicians were at the center of the coverup and demanded they prove the water’s safety.

Ask them to use nuclear wastewater for drinking, cooking, washing clothes or irrigation, and ask them to ensure that seafood would not be contaminated by nuclear wastewater.

The spokesman added that, as pointed out by a German marine science institute, the Fukushima coast has one of the strongest ocean currents in the world. “Within 57 days from the date of discharge, radioactive substances will spread to most of the Pacific Ocean, and spread to the global waters in 10 years,” Zhao stated.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would like to apply this process to any entity that discharges into rivers, streams, oceans or lakes. The president of the company/city/etc must use discharge water directly as long as it is being discharged.

RT? Why don't you quote Epoch Times or Weekly World News?

Is that a rhetorical question?

@HippieChick58 Yes. It is. I don't read RT anymore. Ever. Tass news agency. Even their legitimate news stories. I won't read them. Russia has no room to talk. Chernobyl was handled way worse than Fukushima. I pretty much hate Russia.

@barjoe I cross posted from a friend that I trust. And yes, I pretty much hate Russia too.

Have to say I do believe the Chinese have a point.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589919
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.