Agnostic.com

5 2

I'm not criticising or being disrespectful to American folks; I'm sure that the majority are good people. Still, the rate at which shooting incidents occur in America is beyond me. I live in England and it is entirely up to British MSM which shooting incident in America shall be reported in the UK. The latest one reported in the UK was the incident where thirteen-year-old Adam Toledo was shot by a police officer in Chicago. A black boy shot by a white cop... and outrage follows inevitably. Here we go again. MSM love it. Call me cynical.

Meanwhile, I happened to read that 3 people were killed and 28 people were shot in a bloody few days in Chicago last weekend.

[chicago.cbslocal.com]:

Were you aware of these shooting incidents? Where is the outrage? They weren't reported in the UK. Are they regarded as non-events? Are shooting incidents so common that people in America are immune to them or something? How often do shooting incidents like these happen in America? Daily, weekly, monthly?

Yet, would it be still unthinkable and outrageous to attempt to revise the Second Amendment to tighten gun laws because Americans are so proud of America's history and the Constitution?

Again, I'm not being disrespectful or anything. If anything, I'm showing my ignorance. Because I've never lived in so-called "gun culture", what apparently goes on in America involving guns is a little too much for me to comprehend.

Ryo1 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What’s the time lapse between:
1 - the cop’s seeing the gun in the boy’s hand and deciding to shoot, and
2 - his finger pulling the trigger?
During that fraction of a second, what did you see the boy do?

And, while researching sociopathic behavoir, I saw that the earliest public sociopathic behavior is typically seen at age 13-14. In the video, Adam was behaving as if he wasn’t concerned about outcomes.

Hi there. I can't help but wonder what the 13-year-old was doing out there with a gun in his hand in the first place. Still, did the boy deserve to die? I'm not sure... It is the gun culture you have in America that is alien to most Brits. A situation like Adam's case would probably be handled very differently in the UK (not necessarily for a better outcome, who knows?). Also, I think I'm right in saying that most Brits (except gang members) don't go out thinking that they must carry some kind of weapon on them just in case so that they can defend themselves. A different country, a different culture, a different way of thinking.

We hear about shootings probably daily. And I would wholeheartedly support repealing the second amendment.

I find this shooting and video very troubling. I also see would be gang bangers out on the street firing handguns just for the thrill of it. This is what brought on the Adam Toledo shooting but I still find it troubling. My take on it is that Adam hesitated and then threw down the gun bringing his hand up quickly to show that he had no weapon. It got him killed.

Hi. We have gang problems in big cities in the UK. Gang members are often teens who are from troubled backgrounds.

They report them in the US and some people hitch their band wagon to it and cry about gun violence. The facts are though.... the gun violence happens mostly in states and cities with the strongest gun restrictions. The US states with very very very limited gun laws, have far fewer criminal shootings than England has stabbings each year.
Stupid people are going to do stupid things. The one thing that makes them pause, is knowing that the person that they might do something stupid to has a legal right to defend themselves. Law abiding citizens in England don’t carry knives I assume; there for, they are unable to stop a criminal.
As for the 13 year old running around at night with a gun in a state with strong gun restrictions; his parents should go to jail. The cop that shot him probably did society a favor. If that was his life at 13, there’s a strong likelihood that it wouldn’t have gotten better as he aged.

Where's the outrage? Whataboutism used to justify police shootings? Okay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.