Agnostic.com

3 2

Whitest-ever paint could help cool heating Earth, study shows

New paint reflects 98% of sunlight as well as radiating infrared heat into space, reducing need for air conditioning

[theguardian.com]

FearlessFly 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So when I moved to Arizona I figured I needed to sell my dark green car because, as we're taught as little kids, dark colors absorb heat. So when it got to be 110 I went out to the parking lot and I touched a white car... What do you know, paint color is irrelevant 😂😜😁

lerlo Level 8 Apr 18, 2021

. . . anecdotes are not data 😛

@FearlessFly given that anecdotes are true stories I'm pretty sure it's data... Or, if you have a hand you don't like you could try it yourself ðŸĪŠ

GREAT! Let's make it free!

Sunlight is mostly visible light, which is reflected. Ambient heat is mostly IR, which is emitted. So the net result is cooling below the ambient temperature of other surfaces.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.