Agnostic.com

23 4

Man created God? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that God created Adam & Eve.

twoguysforbi 3 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can't believe everything you read -- especially in the age of Trump and the Russian fake news agencies.

If you have something to say, say it.

Okay, so what do you want out of this community?

Men create their gods in their own image.

True, both times

Man wrote the bible.

More specifically all males. If I believed in a deity, I would rather it was a female. Nurture, rather than power and majesty appeal to me more.

@atheist "It's been said..." is neither a reliable nor a reputable source 🙂 It is true however that the origins of religion began with 'the creator' being female, in many cases giving actual physical birth to the world (research indian, chinese, japanese religious origins for example).

I read about Santa Claus and Easter Bunnies. And dragons and unicorns. And green cheese on the moon. Fortunately, I'm not that naive.

godef Level 7 Nov 30, 2017

I'm pretty sure I read something else somewhere else.

godef Level 7 Nov 30, 2017

Don't Feed the Troll!

maybe you should buy another storybook? there are lots available. 🙂

Here is a must read article. It appeared in the July/August Humanist Magazine and will change your attitude toward Eve & Adam (that is correct ). If course it was written by a woman so what does she know - joke

[thehumanist.com]

Men seldom if ever come up with a god superior to themselves. Most have the manners and morals of a spoiled brat. --- The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Great book by Robert Heinlein, full of great quotes!

It's in a book? Well golly that settles it. GOD'S REAL EVERYONE! Scientists stop trying to make cures and explore the cosmos, God's got a book out, it's a number one best seller! You think Harry Potter was rad? Shiiiiiit, get ready for muhta luvin' YAWEH EVERYBODY!!! Based on true events.

I;ve had believers quote the verse, "The fool has said in his heart thay there is no god" as a proof of his existance

If you saw it on the Internet, it must be true.

Ha. Funny.

Adam & Eve had 2 boys. Then what happened? I always wonder how they got those 2 Emperor Penguins on that boat. I just call them great camp fire stories.

In the beginning man created god and as a result has been miserable for a very long time!
It is a shame that we were so afraid of the unknown that we had to create this god to answer our questions. What really is amazing is man did it thousands of times and each states they are the true religion.Really messed that one up I'd say.

Yeah, he created Adam and Eve.

Then he went on to cause the flood and explained to Noah how to make an ark and to put two of every animal in it.

All went well until Noah got to Scotland.

"Two of every of our animals, y' say?" "You'll be paying for them then?"

Noah: "Look, it's going to be raining for 40 days!"

"40 days y'say?" "Go and tell Jimmy over there. It's been raining here for 52 days."

"Yes, but it's going to rain really hard."

"Naaah, tha's nae hard - you should have been here last Wednesday. Almost needed to put ma boots on."

"You people are not welcome on my ark."

"Fine by me. Errm, you would'na be wanting to buy a couple of doves by any chance? Might come in useful. Look, I'll give ye a discount.....

Great humor

Come on.... you got to be kidding huh!? God was created by man. That's It! That should explain everything else.

It sure does!

@K9Kohle789 whoops! Left out women... ok .
GOD'S were created by men and women!

@BucketlistBob well.....the way it happened....women just got beatened into submission. Hair of the head, you know.

Lol lol

You probably read that fairy story as did many others.

YUP or some version of it

In man's fear of the unknown and search for meaning he's created many, many gods. All of them from the beginning of humanity in fact. I'm not in favor of trying to convert the believers. Some, not all, depend on those beliefs to survive. Let's not cut their legs out from under them. They're not ready. It's just too big a leap for them from what they've been taught most of their lives. Rational arguments have never defeated an emotional belief IMHO.

Placing others needs above, or even before you're own, is not a virtue. Never back up from, or lend support to those that are trying to erase you.

@HankSherman Some of them are unstable. I learned that when I was much younger. Their religion is their crutch. Knock the crutch away and you don't know will happen. Been there, done that. I'm not talking about the arrogant, pushy ones. They beat people with their crutch.

Yes, why is it that so many people are afraid of death? Have they really led such a bad life?

Love the discussion!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.