Agnostic.com

3 12

LINK GOP faces massive realignment as it sheds college-educated voters

I think this is hella good news, and I feel like I can breathe again.

The data suggest that what we are seeing might be more than just a sudden Democratic edge in party affiliation.

WASHINGTON — It's an off-year for national electoral politics, with only a few big gubernatorial races later in the year in Virginia and New Jersey. Still, polling data show the great shift in the nation's two major political parties is continuing and some of those changes could have significant impacts at the ballot box.

Earlier this month Gallup released data showing a sharp drop in the number of people who chose to identify as Republican in the first quarter of 2021.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Unless HR 1 passes the new restrictive voting laws the gop is pushing thru it won't matter how many claim they are democrat if they can't actually vote a progressive or democrat will not be elected to city, county, state and federal seats.

And if those restrictive rules hold and more republicans are elected in those areas because of them there will be a high price to pay. Businesses are loath to work in areas with heavy handed politicians. The criticisms leveled at businesses that stand up to the fascists will also hurt those areas. I have little doubt this will hurt the republicans even further.

The party of of the ignoramus. Trump said it best. "I love the poorly educated"

And we all know he loves himself.

The democraps are the ones who are lacking in college educated voters. After all only a fool would vote for someone who wants open borders, higher taxes, more government regulations and opposes requiring voters showing a photo ID to vote!

Well, you are drinking the misinformation in huge gulps. You just proved her and the article's points.

@Larimar Proved what? That there are still sensible people in the US?

@Trajan61 If you are going to be paying higher taxes, you would have to make over 400k/yr or be a corporation. Nobody has said open boarders, and you obviously are ignorant if you don't understand how requiring ID is restrictive for poor people. Basically you don't understand what Dems are saying at all.

@Larimar It's not even an ID issue. Like gerrymandering, you carve out the voters you don't want to assure the votes you do want. You change the rules so the only ID that counts is obtained at the DMV; Then you shut down all the DMV offices in the areas that vote democrat, the claim is to save money. The only DMV open is miles away, there is no public trans portation and most do not own a car. It's not surprise the gop is pushing all sorts of restrictive voting laws.

Read How the South Won the Civil War by Heather Cox Richardson.

@Larimar I’ve never made 400,00 in one year but already the democraps are talking about raising the corporate tax rate from 21% to 28% and some of the democrap idiots even want to raise it to 31%!

@Trajan61 You do realize that it's been up to 95% before? Go read and learn.

@Trajan61 Why shouldn't corporations pay their fair share? They are using roadways and other infrastructure that taxes pay for. We just want fair and equitable.

@HippieChick58 Small business corporations employ a lot of people in America. If you raise taxes you make it harder for them to stay in business and employ people.

@Trajan61 If they corporation cannot pay a fair wage, and pay their taxes, something is wrong. They essentially have a hobby that either the government or the employees are supporting. I choose not to support the hobbies of rich folks.

@HippieChick58 I’ve always paid my employee’s well and treated them good as well and I don’t think I deserve to have my taxes raised from 21% to 28% or even 35% like some of the the democrats want.

@Trajan61 Too many employers do you pay well or take care of their employees, people seem to be expendable. Good for you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.