Agnostic.com

4 1

Hi fellows. What can you say about Dawkins comment on trans people that made him stripped of the award given by American humanist association in 1996.

Albert_Camus 5 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I gather Dawkins wears this kind of woke grievancing and cancelling and deplatforming as a badge of honour, like a man of intelligence and perception would. They look smaller, not he.

It's not "woke grievance" it's "grievance" and it's not cancelling when everyone gets so sick of your shit they don't want to hear it anymore.
The question is what did he mean?
Was Adolph "deplatformed"?
Seriously trans people have a lot to deal with without ancient shit heads giving us even more insult on top of the injury we've already suffered.
You sound Conservative, and you speak of trans as my bigoted father spoke of blacks in the 1960's.
As I would ask Dawkins, exactly what the fuck do you mean with all the woke references and deplatforming comments?
No one gets to be a arrogant bigot without answering some questions anymore.

I haven’t heard this scandal.
It seems out of character, and he’s old, given the choice I would ask him to explain just what he meant. Perhaps he just said it wrong.
I’m not expecting him to be a transphobic apologist.
I’m trans and pissed off a bunch of gays by making a joke to a reporter when I was working to clean the sidewalks at Pride.
She grabbed me out of nowhere and said some big dollar amount that had been raised to help the LGBT cause, what do I think of the money raised?
I said if they raise enough they might find a cure.
We almost had a riot, with me saying Oh for fuck sake! It was a fucking joke! Jeez!

In 2015, Rachel Dolezal, a white chapter president of NAACP, was vilified for identifying as Black. Some men choose to identify as women, and some women choose to identify as men. You will be vilified if you deny that they literally are what they identify as.

He got cancelled. An award from 25 years ago was "taken" from him because what he said in a tweet was perceived to be transphobic. I don't know how much he really cares about the award.

The AHA apparently didn’t specify which comments they were offended by, so it is impossible to form an opinion. Dawkins is free to express his views, and the AHA is free to retract their awards.

skado Level 9 Apr 20, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.