Agnostic.com

9 7

Coat them with chocolate and give them out for Halloween?

GeorgeRocheleau 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Parboil them then saute them in butter until they are brown on several sides. Grate a little nutmeg and then toss in a little white wine while still sizzling and immediately cover them. When the wine is gone they are done. This was given to me by my late mother-in-law who was German. She said they were called Krauts because they knew how to cook cabbage. Every time I prepare them I get positive comments.

Seems no one can agree with others if they are just what they are baby cabbage!!!

LOL!!!

Its very true. The secret is, that you can not buy a Brussels Sprout. You have to grow your own, by the time they reach the shops, all that was once good about them is long gone, they keep good for a couple of hours at most after picking.

This is So not true, they are a long-keeping winter staples the cabbage family

@AnneWimsey No a fresh sprout is a completely different thing to a shop bought one.

Every time I tried to grow BS they got covered with tons of mites.

Those things, just like cow pies, should not be classified as food.

I love them steamed then buttered and salted.
I love boiled okra as well, it’s ok fried as well but I love them slimy and soft.

EWWWWWW!

My mother fried slices of Okra them in corn meal until they were golden. That was the only way we would eat them.

@Sticks48 Try having the munchies and making boiled okra and stewed tomatoes on white bread sandwiches. You have to lift fast ere it fall through the crust.

@Willow_Wisp The munchies will make one a little more adventurous when it comes to cuisine. That is how l discovered raw oysters are fucking amazing!

I LOVE brussels sprouts!

I've never met a Brussels sprout that I liked.

I love spiced Brussels Sprouts baked until the little leaves that fall off when I split them get browned!

And bacon?

@GeorgeRocheleau if you get them to the perfect brown crispy-ness, you would think they Were bacon...without the salt which i must avoid!
But bacon certainly wouldn't hurt, hell, it would improve old shoes, lol!

Oh but they tasty little morsels when you grill them just right, throw in some garlic, butter and bacon.. yum yum..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:591632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.