Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK As Godlessness Grows in America, Secular Charities Are on the Rise | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Christian charitable giving isn't quite as robust as is commonly believed.

snytiger6 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And don't forget the ACLU & similar causes!

I just try to check to see if the majority actually goes to helping others instead of "administration"

another reason I picked Catholic Charities, ya
and they don’t discriminate, I sent some “wiccans” in once

@bbyrd009 I went to therapy after leaving an ex that tried to kill me through them once. I walked in the door saying I don't believe in this religious bullshit, and she said, no problem!

Just a short time ago I was not aware of any secular charities. I'm glad to see them growing and more popping up.

SMILE Train. Heifer International....very good "administrative-to-actual help" ratios too!

tks sny, i currently give to a local catholic charities bc i know the ladies there, but the conflicts are multiplying lol

I have a neighbor who knocks on my door occasionally begging for her fucking church. I begrudgingly give her a couple bucks to get rid of her. I also have neighbor kids selling candy bars. Obligatory, fuck it. As far as giving a sizeable contribution to Catholic Charities. Not a dime.

@barjoe I picked them bc they give to anyone in need, and choices are pretty limited here; we don’t really have broke ppl

@bbyrd009 There's a lot of broke ass people in my city, but I'd never give a nickel to Catholic Charities. I'd give it to Planned Parenthood just to piss the filthy, stinking Catholics off.

@barjoe ha well to each their own I guess, never noticed too many actual Catholics @ catholic charities tbh

Let's have a round of applause for godlessness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:591961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.