Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Chadwick Boseman fans furious after shocking Oscars loss

Having seen all five films, Chadwick Boseman was great, so was Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldham, I guess Steven Yuen was good too. Riz Ahmed should have won for Sound of Metal, it was a masterful performance. Boseman did play an atheist and a psychopath. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is really good. I don't get all the outrage, it's not like Chadwick Boseman was going to know he lost. He's dead. Most of the people bitching didn't see any of the films.

barjoe 9 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

he did so many movies cause he was sick and the ones I saw were good

Don't even know who he is, not rushing out to check.....

Oh he was a wonderful actor, the poor kid.

Everything anyone does creates outrage for someone. No matter which team wins a sporting event, supporters of the other team are going to be critical of the ref calls. No matter who wins a race, fans of the loser are going to blame some minutiae that caused their hero to not win. The big difference is nowadays with the Internet the disgruntled have a huge platform to blow off steam that would have been dinner table or party gas twenty years ago.

They are saying it was racial. I don't think so. The Academy usually gets a lot of them wrong. Last night, of the major awards I think Best Actress was the only one they got right. Kind of like poor officiating in your sports analogy.

@barjoe yes they do

@barjoe I have been so disappointed so many times by movies I went to see because they had won awards. I pay absolutely no attention to the award shows anymore.

@Barnie2years I didn't think United States vs Billie Holliday was very good. The old Diana Ross "Lady Sings the Blues" told the story way better. Every other Oscar film was good. I think Sound of Metal shouldn't been Best Picture and Riz Ahmed Best Actor. I highly recommend it. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, The Father, Minari, Mank, Hillbilly Elegy, Trial of Chicago 7, Promising Young Woman, Nomadland, They are all excellent films.

He was born the year I graduated from High School.
So young.

So young and so sad. He was a great talent.

@Willow_Wisp The real snubs were omitting people from the Memoriam. That's inexcusable. Jessica Walter died, no mention. Naya Rivera tragically drowned, no mention. Nick Cordero lost a brave battle to Covid, ignored. That is fucked up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:592125
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.