Agnostic.com

8 5

JUST A THOUGHT

Ok so I’ve divided humanity into two gangs called the Rods and the Cones. The Rods are the dichotomous thinkers who tend to see everything in black or white. And the Cones are those who can discern subtle differences, and see the world in all of its multicolored variety.

skado 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No.

www.http//

Wouldn’t that make such a division a rod-like perspective of humanity? (You always HAVE made me think.)

[bardoptical.com]

yeah there's a paradox in there somewhere

And then there's people like me who ask if that tree just farted a rainbow.

But, WHAT do you see?

@MsKathleen the visible electromagnetic spectrum, you?

@waitingforgodo
I maybe see more colors than you, and possibly more shades of grey.
I see my way clear to the top.
As the Navi say, “I See You”.
And..

next thought...so.. what is to be gained and lost by viewing the universe exclusively one way or another or are both useful gangs.

If I remember my biology correctly, I think cones can see black and white, but rods can’t see color. I guess the rods’ advantage is they can operate in a low information environment. That’s where the cones go blind. I guess we need them both, or they wouldn’t be there.

monotheistic dualism is the problem.

And the sciences of advertising and propaganda, not to mention much of America's education system, have worked very hard and very successfully to ensure as many rods as possible.

The most important perceptions work from within, if you’re intuitive, non intuitive people don’t have those perceptions. Where the non intuitive draws conclusions from direct observations the intuitive will gather way too much information then automatically “jump” to the correct answer and retrace the solution as if it’s news to them.
It’s hard to explain real intuition, the kind that isn’t woo based, but it’s real.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593605
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.