Agnostic.com

4 13

LINK Joy Reid Takes Tucker Carlson's 'Race Lady' Dog Whistle, Throws It Back At 'Tuckums' | HuffPost

MSNBC anchor Joy Reid on Tuesday ridiculed Fox News personality Tucker Carlson’s repeated derogatory description of her as “the race lady.”

“The ReidOut” host noted she spends little time watching the conservative network. “Personally, I prefer my news and information to be grounded in reality, rather than monetizing my amygdala to keep me on edge and buying MyPillows and gold,” she explained.

Reid then proceeded to dismantle Carlson’s attacks on her, airing a montage of him accusing her of being obsessed with race. She also suggested his insistence on saying she attended Harvard alongside the “race lady” term was a dog whistle aimed at angering his audience.

“Oh, honey, honey. Tuckums. Is this really about me fixating on race, or is it about you fixating on race?” she asked.

Reid later listed some of Carlson’s failures — from the cancelation of his low-rated show on MSNBC to his humiliation at the hands of comedian Jon Stewart when on CNN ― and called him “Lil’ Tucker.”

Carlson was like “some segregationist housewife from the 1950s,” said Reid, slamming him for “spouting a conspiracy theory that white people are going to be replaced via a Democratic Party conspiracy to import nonwhite people to outnumber them” and repeating falsehoods about the COVID-19 vaccines.

“People like you and your friends at the BS factory are keeping us steeped in COVID sickness and rage and paranoia,” Reid added.

HippieChick58 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She called it..show what you got Tuckums..lol

"The Race Lady" has been blatantly used by him as a derogatory nickname for quite some time, so I thought she was entitled to her take-down of him. Unlike his claims about her, he is every bit what she called him out for. Good for her. 🙂

It was Hilarious, because on-target, 100%!

I never liked her show. Now I will try not to miss it. For him to call her "Race Lady" he's the racist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:594162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.