Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK Evil Bible . Com – Fighting Against Immorality in Religion

As someone who has read the entire Bible once, I thought this would be nice to share

HLMenckenFan 6 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sad that it says though, that the Bible is a hard read due to its archaic language, because of course that is making the same mistake that many Christians do, assuming that the King James especially, is the only version. When in fact, not only are some of the more modern versions easier to read, but they have much better scholarship than the K.J. which is perhaps the most distorted and wildly reinvented version there is.

Excellent point, I would suggest that most other English versions are pretty whacked too, being xlated by “believers,” but thankfully we have online lexicons now. “Lord” is an English landholder (thief, basically) of course, prolly closer to “Baal” than “God,” but simple force of use has distorted even our ability to discern there i guess

So, not too interested in taking this too far, but this guy has no clue either; no one was actually killed in the Bible, no walls of Jericho, no inhabitants in Nazareth 1st Century AD, on and on, I got links if you want.

Wisdom is being hidden from the wise, though
and hey, if it makes you feel better, then go for it imo

Lot more fun to dismantle a believer with Scripture in context though;
gnostic atheists included 🙂

"Noo ne was actually killed in the bible"...Judith never cut off a head? The Israelites never massacred Cannaanites? Gawd never killed Job's entire first family, including children? Aaand etc etc etc. Maybe you should read the thing......

@AnneWimsey well, so bam go with that then, Anne, you can def read literally, just like believers do, if you like! [biblicalhistoricalcontext.com]

I’m only suggesting that they are speaking in symbols, “cutting off a head” (of a general, no less; iow the one whose head is cut off’s intentions are always well-defined) being one of them, and that a deeper meaning might be derived from reading as mythology; I guess Jericho will still have no walls nonetheless, and you won’t be able to populate 1st C Nazareth, but after all i am guessing too, ok. Based upon fifty years of study, but meh

how is it you did not know I was not talking about bread?

but certainly Jude may have literally cut off a general’s head too i guess, why not; his name would surely not have been “Holophernes” though, why not use his real (probable) name, Nicanor (Nadin, Nadab) Why use “Nebuchadnezzar” for Antiochus, when they weren’t even in the same era?

So, i understand it can get pretty confusing, but ppl generally abandon a literal reading pretty quickly simply bc it raises more questions than it answers?

More people should read that from Evil Bible. I agree with every word and I've also read the entire bible at least once.

As @Triphid suggests, most atheists know a lot more about the Buy Bull than most Christians. My own line to Christian fundamentalists is "You worship a genocidal maniac with catastrophic anger management issues, and you expect me also to worship Him? What is wrong with you?"

Nice posting there friend but I think you may well find that at least 75-80% of Members here have also read the Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy, aka the bible, from cover to cover, word for word and line by line as well.

I’m impressed. Thanks for sharing.

@HLMenckenFan No need to be "impressed" since that is how at least 60-70% of Atheists become Atheists.
I.e. they read the babble (bible), a thing colloquially known as the "Bull-shit" alarm sounds inside their heads sounds and they begin to realize and understand that it IS nothing MORE than Garbage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:594715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.