Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK The Polio Outbreak Of 1955: Lessons From An Epidemic

This article is from exactly a year ago, when prospects for a vaccine were bleak. Now that we have vaccines readily available, the right wing news media promotes vaccine reluctance.

barjoe 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ill be questioning the corona vaccine, tks

People say the damndest things about not knowing what is in the vaccine. Guess what? We also do not know what is in our food and when the doctor gives us medicine all they have to go by is what the drug salesman told them. For the record, I knew people who had polio. I was only 9 years old then but I knew some of them in 1955.

How many people do you know who contracted polio after 1960? The vaccine practically eradicated polio from the planet

@barjoe man, the lies we propagate, with the best of intentions, surely…

Fuck fox news, and any of the idiots that watch it. They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer. On that note, sometimes I actually turn on that crap just to see what those idiots are seeing. I have to change the channel after about 5 minutes - it's either change channels or throw a pipe wrench thru the tv! It's a mystery how people I work with (educated, licensed, professional conduct) seem normal except they are mostly republicans.

I don't have cable. I could steal FuxNoose if I wanted to. Republican Florida. Make sure to vote against MoRon DeathSantis.

@barjoe I don't have cable either. I have a $35 antenna that receives 75 channels!

@Stilltrying1964 Me too. Problem is half of them are religious channels, shopping channels or in Spanish.

@barjoe You're right! I watch Quest a lot!

@Stilltrying1964 I watch local news, PBS , NHK (Japan), Comet, and some sporting events. I mostly stream movies. I do have to pay for internet.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.